Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Olvar Wood

This is where I am lying right now.
Okay - clearly I'm not in the photo, because I took it yesterday - but if I could travel back in time you'd see where I am right now.

It's midnight in Landers Shoot - a place about which I just had to be able to say: 'been there, done that, tick it off'.

Olvar Wood on the other hand should not be simply ticked off. It should be savoured and returned to as often as possible. Actually I may never leave.


This Writer's Retreat is writing heaven.
It's a place to write, to contemplate, to dream, to procrastinate.
And yes, you can waste time in paradise.
Yesterday it rained humongous chinchillas and over-sized mastifs for 19 hours non-stop. I thought I was going to have to build an ark. And today it's muggy and steamy.


This is the view from the kitchen at Olvar Wood.

The internal views from the kitchen.

Left the dining room
Below the lounge




The veranda:











3 comments:

Liz said...

It looks gorgeous!

Nice to see you blogging, Lindy.

18th Realm said...

wow, what a beautiful place! i wouldn't want to leave! those big lizards are a bit of a worry tho. i am enjoying your blog! you take great pics!

Robyn

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog.

Olvar Wood is on my list of things to do - It has been wonderful to watch the girls build this writer's paradise and the passion they instil in it is evident. Can't wait til it's my turn...glad you loved it.